As previously announced, one of the most sought-after opera singers in the world, mezzo-soprano Elīna Garanča, will have her first solo concert at the concert hall Great Amber on October 10, 2020. The concert scheduled at 6 p.m. will be divided into two events, therefore all ticket owners must exchange their concert tickets to one of the new times, October 10, 2020, at 5 p.m. or 8 p.m.!
Tickets can be exchanged starting from Tuesday, September 15. Ticket owners should do the following:
• Choose the most convenient of the two offered concert times.
• Exchange their tickets until September 30, 2020.
• If tickets were purchased at a Biļešu Paradīze office, they can be exchanged in Liepāja, at the information center of the concert hall Great Amber, Radio iela 8. Additional information: 634 24 555.
• If tickets were purchased online, ticket owners are encouraged to contact the Deputy Head of Marketing and Public Relations of the concert hall, Aiva Juhnevica, [email protected] Please state the subject of the e-mail “Regarding the concert of Elīna Garanča”, and, in the e-mail body, state your preferred event time and new seat numbers, as well as the numbers of the previous tickets.
In order to prioritize current ticket owners of the rescheduled concert, only these customers will be processed from September 15 to 30. Starting from October 1, the remaining tickets to the concert will become available to all.
• The opening hours of the information center of the concert hall Great Amber are: Tuesday to Friday – 12 to 5 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays – 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., closed on Mondays. Phone: 634 24 555.
• If your ticket was purchased at a discount, please have your document confirming a special status with you when you exchange the ticket.
• Tickets with the previous time of the concert (6 p.m.) will not be valid for either concert! All purchased tickets must be exchanged.
• Due to the current restrictions of gathering, the concert hall cannot guarantee the availability of a specific previously purchased seat.
• When exchanging tickets, each attendee will have to indicate their own contact information and the contact information of other attendees joining them (tickets must be personalized). SIA “Lielais Dzintars” will store this information for one month after the event so as to provide it to the Center for Disease Prevention and Control (SPKC) if needed.
• We recommend downloading the app “Apturi Covid”.
Elīna Garanča is one of the most sought-after singers on Earth; among mezzo-sopranos she has few peers, vocally, musically, or dramatically. /New York Classical Review/
This will be the debut of the world-renowned Latvian artist at the concert hall Great Amber in Liepāja. In Liepāja, Elīna Garanča will perform a chamber music program. Sharing the stage with her will be one of the best accompanists on the globe, the exceptional Scottish pianist Malcolm Martineau. Martineau is known as the accompanist for the world's greatest opera divas – Anna Netrebko, Anne Sofie von Otter, Angela Gheorghiu, and others. Together with Elīna Garanča, he has performed magnificent concerts at the most prestigious concert halls of the world – Wigmore Hall in London, Carnegie Hall in New York, Musikverein Vienna, etc.
The onstage partnership of both performers is described as magical. “Elīna Garanča's voice with the fine accompaniment of the piano not only touches, but also entrances – it embodies the entire spectrum of colors and emotions. It is a voice that has reached maturity but has not lost its tenderness, lightness and flexibility,” critics write.
The concert program will be announced at a later time.
Video: https://youtu.be/Bs0Sb4Zf77E (Elīna Garanča singing Robert Schumann's “Widmung”
The event is intended for an adult audience. Children under the age of 5 may not be admitted to events for an adult audience.
Tickets: starts from EUR 15.00. Ticket prices may change as the event approaches.
Unnumbered tickets only for visitors in wheelchairs.
Venue: Great Hall
Organised by: Great Amber
Dear visitors of the Concert Hall "Great Amber"!
Please follow the rules of “Great Amber”, in order to ensure that the cultural event is enjoyable for every visitor.
Concert Hall “Great Amber” already awaits its visitors an hour before the event.
Tickets for the events at the Concert Hall must be purchased by each visitor, considering that in adult-age events and activities might not allowed to enter children under the age of 5. Parents (accompanying persons) with children aged 5 to 10 years old are asked to purchase tickets near the hallway door, so that if the child needs to leave the hall during the event, it can be done as discreetly as possible, without disturbing other visitors at the event.
For visitors in wheelchairs and their companions we offer special seats in the stalls by prior arrangement. The Information centre employee - the cashier - will inform the Client Service Department of the concert hall, which will ensure the availability of the seats. When arriving at the event, please contact the Information Centre, whose staff will help you reach the necessary floor and seat. The building has a panoramic elevator which allows visitors with mobility impairments to get to the necessary building floor.
Please arrive at the Concert Hall on time - after the 3rd call, entry to the Hall is stopped, as the event will begin.
Visitors of the Concert Hall are required to switch off their mobile phones, players and other electronic devices before entering the Hall.
Visitors are prohibited from using any kind of camera, as well as sound recording equipment in the Concert Hall during the event. Photographing, filming and audio recording is only allowed for professional purposes, with the prior approval of “Great Amber” ltd.
During the event, photographing and filming may be performed by "Great Amber" ltd, the organiser of the event, performing artists and other persons authorised by any of the above mentioned. By purchasing a ticket for the event and/or attending the "Great Amber" concert hall, the visitor agrees that he/she can be filmed and photographed, that his/her picture can be used in films, photos, audiovisual recordings, all rights to such material and its use belong to "Great Amber" ltd. or an authorised third party; such material (with the exception of "Great Amber" ltd. fixed video surveillance and security footage) can be used worldwide in any type of media for advertising or any other purposes, as well as for commercial purposes, such as DVDs, by "Great Amber" ltd., the organiser of the event or an authorised third party without any compensation for the above-mentioned to the visitor.